1.12.2010

The boyfriend and I were walking around Brookline yesterday (having a dog is such a great excuse to get out and explore!) when we stumbled on Village Green Renewal. An adorable small storefront filled with antique drawer pulls and light fixtures convinced us to cross the street and take a closer look. When we did, we saw the coolest thing - an old lightbulb with glowing metal flowers inside (left)! We went inside and talked to the owner, a super nice guy who told us all about what they do at Village Green Renewal - mainly fix ANYTHING and provide all the awesome vintage household fixtures you could dream of (I can't wait to own a house....someday!). He also has the most beautiful solid optometrists table as a work bench that I was seriously drooling over. Anyways, we ended up getting the lightbulb and now I'm sort of obsessed with reading up about these bulbs online. Such a beautiful and unique find!

1 comment:

Lex said...

I had one of these as a kid. I got it at a church rummage sale. SCORE!