11.27.2010


Does anyone have advice about watches that have GPS trackers (and assorted bells and whistles)? I hear Garmin Forerunners are the best, but which one? I can't decide whether I should get the basic 110 with GPS (for a not cheap $200) or spring for the one that comes with a heart rate monitor (the 210 at $300). Also, will this work when I bike (with this to mount it)? Based on the Runner's World review, I'm leaning towards the 110 with an extra $50 for the heart rate monitor. I want to be able to use it in all weather, to run and also to bike.

Image: source.

Today is my last day in Alaska. After a nice breakfast with my dad and a friend of his at the diner, and a great run (just 5 miles but it felt great to me moving again) and sauna at the local health club, I'm now luxuriating on the couch, sipping decaf, and re-watching "Hannah & Her Sisters."

From the LATimes: Undocumented UCLA law grad is in a legal bind: "His family crossed the border illegally when he was an 8-year-old, but he has done everything right since then. Will his adopted country now do right by him?"

This tray for soup and a sandwich is adorable.

"All these trips that we lay on ourselves - …the identities that we so dearly cling to, the rage, the jealousy… - never touch our basic wealth." - Pema Chodron

No comments: