11.26.2010

Well done, HuffPo (and, as always, awesome work by Immigration Equality): "This morning, HuffingtonPost.com’s home page includes the stories of LGBT binational families as part of the site’s ‘Thanksgiving 2010′ coverage. HuffPo – one of the most widely read sites on the web – features Immigration Equality’s recent work on behalf of the Uniting American Families Act among its front page headlines for the holiday."

Image: source.


In honor of my visit to AK, time lapse video of the Aurora Borealis.

I'm in Alaska, visiting my dad for Thanksgiving, which means that I'm taking a forced break from running. While it's not particularly cold here right now, the streets and sidewalks are very icy, and not at all suited for running. It's a little hard to be out of my routine, especially since I just got back into it, but I don't have any trips planned after this one, so I should be able to get back on track soon. It might require me learning to love treadmill running, however, which remains to be seen.

Today we saw the Russel Crowe movie "The Next Three Days" and it was pretty good - suspenseful, a little heart wrenching. As always, I got annoyed that of course the protagonist (an incarcerated woman) had to be a skinny, white, straight lady. But, political qualms aside, it was good and managed to keep our interest, even though it was almost 2 hours long. (And even though at one point when the lead woman did something frustrating a dude behind me loudly said "I woulda smacked that bitch!" and I turned around and angrily glared and said "Seriously, dude?" Jesus, people.)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the post on my blog. I love the artwork and photos you post. Do you do that yourself?

Rachel said...

Oh! I just wanted to say good luck with your training! Sounds like you have some ambitious goals this year with your first marathon and HIM!!!

Shorty said...

I wish! The image is from here: http://flowerfield.tumblr.com/post/1665527786/wow-wow-wow

Thanks for the good luck on the training! The winter has definitely been a bummer re: my love of running outdoors, and I'm super nervous about the tri, but...onward!