11.07.2010

Solvitur ambulando

Today's run: 8 very rainy and very cold (yet sort of amazing) miles through Ashland. I've been following the NY Marathon news and photos with interest, looking forward to the day I'm among the masses. I'm not there yet though - my next race will be a 9 miler this coming weekend. It'll be my longest yet, and I'm feeling ready and looking forward to it.


Experiencing the feeling of insecurity / in me, I breathe in. / Smiling to the feeling of insecurity, / I breathe out. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Image: source.

“The conviction that traveling in general, and walking in particular, can bring inspiration and even enlightenment is a very ancient one…as the old adage, taken up by the wandering scholars of medieval Europe, had it, ‘Solvitur ambulando’ (‘It is solved by walking’).” - William Dalrymple in The NY Times Book Review

No comments: