12.19.2010

From Mother Jones, Queer and Loathing: Does the Foster Care System Bully Gay Kids?

I've been sick and crabby for days. Feel like waiting out my sickness in a little rural cottage like this one (left: source.) Not being able to excercize, and generally being sick, is making me miserable. I know it's dramatic, but I already feel like I've gotten completely out of shape, and seeing that this week is scheduled to be rain rain rain does nothing to improve my mood.

Hard to describe, but you've gotta check out Christoph Neimann's Let It Dough!

Annnd then I read something like this and my self-pity is shown for the patheticness it is: "About 5 months ago, Hannah was a victim of a hit-and-run while riding her bike to school in lower Manhattan. After two and a half months in ICU with a cracked up pancreas, she is back on her bike, with the amazing help from her doctors and surgeons at Bellevue Hospital. Here she is proudly showing her battle scars."

Watching the DREAM Act fail on Saturday morning was depressing. But, in response to the defeat and my frustration, my wonderful legal assistant said "Maybe this is paving the way for something that will help 9/10th of undocumented people, instead of 1/10th of them," like the DREAM Act would've. I hope this is true, and that her optimism is warranted.

No comments: