2.12.2011

From my favorite scientist, Ms. Phoebe Cohen, a discussion about the importance of science outreach/education. I've always loved Phoebe's ability to talk complicated science to mere mortals like myself, and love that she is making an awesome career of it. Go PC!

Image: Indra's Cloud, a Water Bottle Raft by Anne Percoco.

A powerful post about the choice to be fat positive. This passage particularly resonated with me - I've definitely fallen prey throughout my life to this sort of "magical thinking" and the quest for enough-ness: "I’m fat positive because I’m a feminist, and I refuse to acknowledge in the magical thinking that if you’re small enough, quiet enough, compliant enough and saccharine enough, you will somehow be enough."

Today's planned workout: 8 mi run, 30 min swim. Today's actual workout: Truffle Shuffle 10K, 90 min Bikram.

“Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” - Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

Thanks for the love, love! The post was made complete by your awesome cameo :-)