2.02.2011

Ha! Is Superman an "illegal immigrant"?

More races added to the schedule (see left)! A big one (the Portland Marathon in the fall) and a smaller one (the Truffle Shuffle 10K next weekend - free chocolate at the finish line? Heck yes I'm there).

Image: source.

A Y&Y reader sent me this editorial from The Washington Post: The Justice Department has a way to go on on ending prison rape. So awesome to have readers keeping an eye out for awesome stuff like this, thanks!

I bought a bunch of cards from this line while at the wonderful Brookline Booksmith last week. They are really well done, have great quotes (which, obviouslym I'm a sucker for), and are "green" to boot. Awesome. Man, I love me some paper products (and snail mail).

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors." - Hunter S. Thompson (NOTE: the 1st version of this quote I saw and posted left out, interestingly enough, the "learn to speak Arabic" part. I happened to look it up, found it had been edited, and chose to repost it in its fuller version. Enjoy.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That quote is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anastasia! Great quote :)

And thank YOU for posting awesome articles and links. I'm also a runner (albeit a very slowww one) and am inspired to sign up for a race this year. I look forward to following your progress.

ps - is there a personal way to contact you?