2.07.2011

I finally finished "A Visit From The Good Squad" last night. I don't even know what to say about the book other than I loved it! It's unusual, with each chapter having different characters (sometimes it takes a while to realize how they are related to previous chapters), different settings, and different styles. All of this forced me to exist in a state of trusting the author to tell me what I needed to know, and encouraged me to be comfortable with the discomfort of not quite knowing what was happening. (Reminiscent of the amazing "Cloud Atlas"). All of this, in lesser hands, could've easily been disjointed and unsettling, but somehow, even through weak points, Jennifer Egan's wonderful writing carried me along. A great read!

Image: source.

So accurate. Thought Catalogue: How To Be 1990's.

There are always some great finds at Kind Over Matter's Friday "lovelies" - definitely worth adding to your Google Reader.

Today's planned workout: 8 mi run. Today's actual workout: headed to the gym at lunch, so we will see....I don't feel sore from all the Bikram this weekend, but I defintely feel...exhausted. Not in a bad way, just like I fully taxed my system. It's amazing how you can be "in shape" for one activity, and still struggle with another. I really think that in order to stay fully physically and mentally healthy, I would need about at least 3 hours of physical activity a day. Which really isn't that much in the scheme of things, but obviously isn't how most of our days are structured, what with 9-5 office jobs, etc....

No comments: