3.22.2011

I watched this last night and thought it was really well-done, interesting, powerful: American Experience: A Class Apart: "From a small-town Texas murder emerged a landmark civil rights case. The little-known story of the Mexican American lawyers who took Hernandez v. Texas to the Supreme Court, challenging Jim Crow-style discrimination." Highly recommended, whether your interest is law, civil rights, or American History.

Very cool: "Pro-immigration group working on encouraging supporters to post talking points to offer counterpoints to negative comments on news stories"

Image: source.

I've been thinking about the little things I've done in the last year to save money (and time), and realized this was a big one: unsubscribe from all store and product emails, newsletters, and list serves. Really, I'm sure the money I saved on sales paled in comparison to what I spent because I was tempted by a deal. Also, it's one less time to see models or engage with consumer culture. (For similar reasons, I'm also "unfollowing" a lot of the fashion blogs in my GoogleReader. Except for ones that I think are fun or genuinely creative, which usually means personal ones.)

No comments: