3.01.2011

Love these paintings of ships and tankers (trust me, they are more beautiful than they sound).

Image: source. A long-time favorite from the awesome Seth Tobocman.

Artist Candy Chang's "brilliant new project in New Orleans: Before I Die I Want To — an abandoned house turned into a giant chalkboard, on which people share their deepest existential aspirations."

Great interview with Dean Spade (founder of the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, law professor, and generally awesome seeming person) in Guernica mag. h/t Feministing.


I'm in the market for some decent headphones for working out. Not super nice (I'm broke, plus I don't want to live in fear of breaking them), but better than the iPod ones that fall out of my ears sometimes (I think I have small ears. Ok, I know I do). I saw a variety of good looking ones here, any suggestions?

Some recipes I'm looking forward to trying: Sweet Potato Tofu Burger, Quinoa and Lentil Soup, Rustic Winter Stew With Polenta, & Kale, White Bean, and Sweet Potato Soup. Gotta make lots of soups and "rustic" cold-weather foods before spring arrives! (Fingers crossed that it comes soon)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I have Urban Ears' Tanto in a super girly seafoam green color and I LOVE them!! Also, they were only $40. Can't beat that!