3.24.2011

Very cool. Thanks to my wonderful friend Jeremiah, for the link: "‘Steam Iron’ is part of a conceptual product range called ‘Repair-Ware’ which comprises of a series of domestic products redesigned with the affordance of repair. The brand and range of appliances aim to create a culture of repair amongst their users. This brings together not only the manufacturers knowledge of the product but also that of the user."


Examining White Female Privilege - a reminder.

Image: source. Trying!

In my cookbook reading list this week (I check them out of the library, copy the recipes I'm interested in, put them in the binder/cookbook my mom made me, and return them - deliciously efficient! I do love a project): Jamie's Food Revolution and Jamie's Kitchen. I've never seen any of Jamie Oliver's shows but a friend of a friend had "Food Revolution" during a weekend trip and I was totally charmed by its accessibility (and, ok, good design). It's pretty meat heavy, so there weren't a ton of recipes that appealed to me, but definitely some great basics and worth a look. Gonna check out Jamie's Kitchen this weekend.

My little garden is still chugging along - I hope it's doing ok, it's sort of hard to tell at this point. Next up: a little collection of herbs? I'd love to be able to pluck fresh herbs and cook with them!

"…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are." - Pema Chödrön

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Jamie's shows. He's usually just sitting in his garden or somewhere outside, cooking with super fresh and simple ingredients. Plus, he's funny to listen to.

shark said...

Jamie's my *favorite*, hands down. I can't eat most of what he makes, but his tips for staples like bread and vegetables are wonderful. Plus he's super engaging.

Shorty said...

Oh coo, maybe I will check them out. I wonder if they are on Netflix....