5.19.2011

Apologies for the absence: I should've planned better and written some posts ahead of time! I'm in Seattle right now for a conference. So far (knock on wood), I have been blessed with insanely nice weather, and the workshops have been really helpful. I think it makes a difference that all the presenters and participants are non-profit immigration attorneys like me (as opposed to a mix of business and non-profit attorneys) - it feels more relevant and applicable to my day-to-day practice. Seattle itself has been unreal: clear, blue skies, balmy temps, really unbelievable. And some good vegan food to boot!

It's been a good 6 years or so since I last visited Seattle (I think it was when I was touring law schools actually - practically another life), but I know it's not always this sunny. I'm staying with a friend who lives in Magnolia, which has been a gorgeous (if hilly!) area for some short morning runs. Unfortunately, the nagging knee pain that has been around since my trail run tumble is still here, and really unpleasant. I'm nervous about what this means for Saturday's race, but I'll try to take some Advil and maybe buy a small brace or something....to be continued...

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Shorty, you might want to see a doc or orthopod about your knee. It doesn't seem that you are giving it time to heal--thus the continuing pain. Please, I speak from experience, pain is your body's way of saying stop. I think you may have pushed yourself a little too hard running a race a week after a marathon. (I'm not criticizing, just being concerned). Stay well!

Karla said...

where did you eat??