6.21.2011

Living The Good Lie: Should therapists help God-fearing gay people stay in the closet? This article in the NYTimes Magazine this past weekend about therapists treating clients whos religious beliefs conflict with their sexuality was really intersting. It raised a lot of difficult questions about the role of therapists, empowering patients etc.

Left: bounty! Last night I cooked up some kale (with shallots) from my garden for dinner, along with roasted white carrots and onions, also from the garden! I'm definitely still not over the thrill of eating veggies that I started as seeds - such a neat feeling.

Love this colorful summer style - somehow they manage to be bright and pattern-combining without looking immature.

On my trip last week I read the Icelandic mystery Jar City by Arnaldur IndriĆ°ason - a solid, well-paced murder mystery. I'll definitely check out more by this author.

“Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.” - Rainer Maria Rilke

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

what an awesome quotation. i'll have to write that on one of my notebooks.