7.21.2011

Maine's Dramatic Reduction of Solitary Confinement: "The state’s new governor and corrections commissioner have sharply reduced prisoners in solitary without a rise in violence. They may have shown other states a way out of the supermax morass."

Image: source.

R.I.P. Lucien Freud. I don't know much about art, but every time I've seen his work I've found it thought-provoking and powerful. (A gallery of some of his work here.)

Enough is writing a book (should be cool)! Think about submitting: Enough: The Personal Politics of Resisting Capitalism is "seeking essays about how we conceive of and live a politics of interdependence, resource sharing, and wealth redistribution beyond and in resistance to capitalism."

"I understood that I was inventing myself, and that I was doing this more in the way of a painter than in the way of a scientist. I could not count on precision or calculation; I could only count on intuition." - Jamaica Kincaid

No comments: