8.01.2011

Listening to: Newport Folk 2011: Middle Brother, Live In Concert: "[Dawes] singer Taylor Goldsmith is one of the stars of Middle Brother — the group he shares with Delta Spirit's Matthew Vasquez, which also plays Newport this year, and Deer Tick's John McCauley." I love Dawes, Deer Tick, AND Delta Spirit - what a combo!

Image: source.

I don't know anything about him, but I tend to think any public discussion of mental health is a step in the right direction: NFL Star Brandon Marshall Has Borderline Personality Disorder

From the NYTimes: Analysis Reveals Asylum Records of Judges: "Mr. Spector, who for more than 20 years has represented asylum seekers, believes that those from Mexico face a higher threshold because the United States has a significant financial and political interest in supporting the Mexican government in its struggle with narcotics traffickers and drug cartels."

Some recent online reads: Soiled and Seeded ("an online garden magazine intent on expanding the conventional approach to gardens and the practice of gardening"), Urban Farm Online, And Then She Saved (thanks NK!) ("And Then She Saved started as simply a way to keep myself accountable in my desire to become debt-free it has morphed into something more. This blog has become a way to share hope with people who are in the same place that I was in when I started my Spending Fast - in the depths of the debt. In that overwhelmingly horrible and demoralizing place.")

If you're having a bad day, this might help....

1 comment:

shark said...

Middle Brother = total *swoon*. I haven't stopped listening to their album since I got it. Impeccable taste - always.