11.03.2008

V.O.T.E.

I love this story of a long-lost painting in CNN.com: "300-year-long lost painting heads to the auction block." It reminds me of a novel I very much enjoyed, Headlong by Michael Frayn (2000). I may just have to reread that book, actually....

Via Gawker: "Roll Call reports: 'The juror who was dismissed from the criminal trial of Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to attend the funeral of her father in California admitted Monday that her father had not died, and that she went to California to attend a horse race.' Everything about the Ted Stevens trial was and is hilarious." I can't get behind all the Alaska hating in the comments section, but it is pretty incredible that someone would lie in a federal trial so that they could go bet....Sigh. Alaska. Wild place.

An ongoing discussion about being out in the legal workplace at AboveTheLaw.


I thought this was a rumor but it appears to be true...Palin prank.

Also, Hulu's got all the new episodes of one of my favorite shows/guilty pleasures, Bones.

No comments: