4.30.2011

Eugene Marathon 2011

Well, it's finally here! In about an hour I'm hopping in the car with my parents (my mom, my stepdad, and my dad, who flew down from Alaska!) and we are driving up to Eugene. Today I'll be meeting up with my ladies at the Expo to get our race bibs (is that what they're called?) and check everything out. The race begins in almost exactly 23 hours! I'm still super nervous but, luckily, also getting excited. One of my bootcamp ladies (there are 6 of them running the half marathon tomorrow) sent around this poem/blessing, and it was just what I needed to calm my nerves and get in a good mindset:

May today there be peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.

Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom
to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us
.


See you all post-(my first) marathon!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck tomorrow, Sarah! I'm sure you'll be amazing!

Anne said...

I've been reading your blog for quite some time, even though I never comment - I always thoroughly enjoy your posts and look forward to reading them every day. Good luck on your marathon, I hope it goes well! I'm excited to hear how it goes.

Kittie Flyn said...

I'm so excited to hear how the marathon went!